Sunday, July 08, 2007

who we are...

Bobbi and I were talking last week about what makes us who we are. We were taking about all the projects we use to do as kids. Sewing, knitting, art and 4-H. Mom & Grandmas that sewed and taught us to bake & cook. We think this is what has made us crazy project creative people. Are kids today missing out?? So today I finally organized my newly scanned 400 childhood photos and I found a lot of photos that reminded me why I turned out the way I did. I feel very lucky for having two creative parents, any very lucky they passed their passion on to me.

Mom & Dad.

This is my 3rd Birthday cake. I remember loving this. Thanks mom!

This is my winning kindergarten poster, it won 1st place in the whole state.
"What Safety Means to Me". I guess this is my very first graphic design.

Every year in July the family went to the Art Festival in Omaha. Here Bryce, mom & I are making art projects in the kids area. This was the best!

Little girls and brownies. What could be better?

My very first piano recital. I have never looked good in belts!

Birthday parties. These were our childhood favorites.
That is my mom in the witch costume. Fall, halloween & birthdays are the best!

Does anyone remember "Shrit Tales" & Pammy Panda?
This was my favorite cartoon.
Dad built her out of snow! Oh, the coolest!!!!

4-H and sewing. The annual summer torture! I remember having to rip out all the not perfect seems and start over. Mom was very patient with me. It must have been worth it. I won a purple ribbon and it went to state. I remember re-doing the collar/lapel over and over!

So...I think this kind of explains why I am the way I am :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
bobbione8y said...

well, not that i needed an explanation, but i LOVE these photos !!

you need to make a family book or something :)

what a great family. love that pic of your dad looking all cool like burt reynolds in the 70s :))

he he.

Anonymous said...

Did you go to Rodrigo's site? "It divulges its company..." that translation stuff cracks me up.

Love the pictures, by the way. That train cake is off the hook. Your mom rocked.

Anonymous said...

I hated that damn Art Festival. It was the worst thing to do in the summer.

KristieLou said...

hey my brother: i am so glad you visited my blog!!!!!!!!! and that art festival was so fun. we are going to one on saturday. do you want to go?

love ya

Unknown said...

oh Bryce, lighten up, everything in the world cannot involve cars or construction...I love the photos Kris...

Anonymous said...

can you name the kids in the pic from my birthday party at the town hall?

KristieLou said...

Brycer I can name a few. I had a bunch of photos scanned. Maybe we can blow it up in photoshop. I know heather & corey are there. Do you know the rest.

Love Ya
Kris