Wednesday, February 06, 2008



happy

I am so busy at work I can't see straight. However I still seem to be able to shop. Do I have a problem? Probably.

Today while shoving Culvers chicken strips in my mouth at my desk. I took a few calming moments and shopped on etsy.com. The best website ever! When things actually settle down I plan on opening my own FlatWear shop. I will keep you posted. Anyway today I found these really cool vintage beads. I bought 6000 beads for $70.00 and they are from the 1940's!!!!!! This is so cool. What a perfect addition to the vintage silverware. And 6000 beads does it get any better than this? Oh, and they are actually in their original packaging. This might be too cool to open.

10 comments:

bobbione8y said...

you buy beads, i buy seeds.

i just placed an order for some rare heirloom seeds for this spring.

going to grow my own wedding flowers :)

Unknown said...

love those beautiful beads. the gavinator will come and organize them for you...

Karen said...

Ok. Two cool things. There is no longer a Checkoslovakia. It broke up into the Czech Republic and Slovakia in 1993. AND the Czech Republic is where the majority of the world's crystal is produced. Is there any chance your beads could be crystal?? THAT would be so cool.

On a different note: this post reminded me that I have an authentic Czech crystal chandelier out in a box in the garage. Someday I'll have a house to hang it in. Right? RIGHT??

bobbione8y said...

IN THE GARAGE?
????????????????
right now?

i would be going and getting that thing and placing it under my bed, at least you could take it out and look at it every once in awhile...until you have a perfect place to hang it, that is :)

Karen said...

It's packed so safely, I'd be terrified to take it out and have to figure out how to get all those sparklies back in the box. We bought it on a trip to Prague. I'll search for and post a picture.

Anonymous said...

oh...please post a picture. I can't wait until you have a house to hang it in. On second though, maybe a picture will make me jealous :)

K~ said...

They are beautiful. I love Etsy too. K~

Karen said...

Hey, will you have Bobbi email me your address? I have a Valentine with your name on it.

Karen said...

Oh, searching for picture

K~ said...

Kristie, Would you come and visit me soon? I want to do deco paus. That's not how it is spelt. You know that awesome glue stuff!!! I can't stop thinking about it. Bob and you need to make a trip. SOON!! Love your trip blog. What a fun time. I have a great barfy boat trip story, I will share some time. Miss you. K~