Wednesday, February 13, 2008


doilies:

I am generally oblivious to Valentines Day. Every year I receive a card from my dad, on exactly Valentines Day. And I never remember to send anything. It just seems to pass me by, until I get the mail and realize once again that I have sent nothing (guilt!). I am usually all about holidays. So this year I am on top of it. I made cookies last night from my Grandmas recipe. Dad has fond memories of these cookies from his childhood. I hope mine are close. I even shipped the cookies today to arrive at his place of work tomorrow. Wow, I finally made it!

When I was at the grocery store buying supplies I was drawn to a package of doilies. Oh course I had to have them. They are very nostalgic for me and they were perfect to decorate the tupperware I sent the cookies in.

Doilies remind me of grade school. We always had to take an empty cereal box to school as our Valentine Mail Box. Then we would decorate the box. Then everyone would put the cards in the boxes. Oh, how I loved decorating those boxes. I remember lots of doilies ended up on those boxes. It even seems like sometimes there was a prize for the best box. I guess I was practicing for my current job even though I didn't know it. I kind of wish I was still in grade school :)

Happy Valentines Day

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I do love the doilies...if I can sneak away tomorrow wanna do lunch?

Karen said...

Today is the last day of February, hence the last day I should look at your blog and see doilies. Right??