Wednesday, June 18, 2008


it's working...

After my second trip to the sporting goods store I have jewelry polishing right now! On my first trip I purchased the case tumbler in the photo above. I know I looked totally out of place in the ammo aisle in Sportsman's Warehouse. Two guys tried to help me. I did not actually admit to them that I wanted to use the tumbler for jewelry. However, I did purchase the wrong "media"...which is what does the polishing. So after trying it the first time I read the back of the package and realized I had the wrong kind. So tonight I went to Scheels. I casually made my way to the gun area. First I had to look at shoes, then clothing, then kayaks and finally the guns. I found the media really quickly and I thought I was going to make it out un-noticed. Wrong! Just as I was grabbing it off the shelf the Scheel's guy says. Do you know what you need? Well...yes I actually do this time. He gave me a very stern look and walked away.

The minimum time suggested for polishing is 2 hours. I took a sneak peak after 1 hour and it is one its way. This is the best news ever! Thanks Bryce!!!!!

On a side note. The brand new air conditioner I had installed exactly a year ago is not working. It is currently hotter in my house than it is outsite. I guess I will have to call them tomorrow :(

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wahoo! Hope that helps you a lot.

Air is important. Get it fixed asap or start sleeping in the basement.

K~ said...

So sad about the air conditioner. Isn't it frustrating when it is hotter inside the house then out side in the baking sun. Hope you get that fixed soon.

I can't wait to see your collection. I am getting really really excited.

K~

K~ said...

Kristie, Everytime I come to your blog, I think that is some kind of a funky candle. K~