Tuesday, September 25, 2007

on vacation...

Dad is at the convention center now learning about the Ace computer system, so I have time to blog the trip thus far...

The vacation adventure began by leaving Sioux Falls at 7:30 am on Saturday. I realized that morning that my camera was totally D.E.A.D.! Why does this happen when you are going on vacation?

I arrived in Lincoln and had lunch with my cousin and aunt. I then had to help my aunt pick out paint for a room they are remodeling. So I told her we should go to Barnes & Noble and look at magazines to see what kind of colors she likes. Well that lasted about 5 minutes and she got bored and she decided she was done and she just wanted to go buy paint. Great now we have no idea what we are going to buy and she has to live with her decision. I hate helping pick out paint when they have no vision!

That night I went to the new Super Target in Lincoln and bought a camera. I think its cool. It was on clearance. So that made me very happy!! Oh and I found a 2 gig memory card at Wal-Mart for $20.00. Yeah! Now I have to stop spending money!

Sunday morning was the departure day. We left Lincoln and headed west. We drove to Fort Morgan, Co and stayed the night. They had a Chinese restaurant named: Beautiful House. That made me laugh.

On Monday morning we left Fort Morgan and drove to Denver. It was raining like crazy when we got here. We found our hotel (thanks Mac the GPS), and checked in. The hotel is super cool! We are on the TV Mania floor (floor 14, room 1415-Katie). The elevator has famous voices that announce which floor you are on. There is a photo of Johnny Carson on the desk in the room. It is really cool.

Here is the room, already messed up though. I didn't get a photo taken right away.

It was kind of hard to take a photo of the bathroom. This photo does not really show how cool it is.


This is the alarm clock in the room. Cute!


This is one of my favorite parts. Its the menu from the restraunt downstairs. Its called the corner office. They actually have a whole section of the menu for dogs. Its a dog friendly hotel. You can actually order them room service!


This is the view outside our window. Can you see the mountains in the back? They are calling my name. Hopefully we will get to go west and check them out sometime soon.

We ate lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe in Denver. I have never been to a Hard Rock before. Then we walked around downtown. There is a mile long outdoor pedestrian mall. It has a ton of shops. It feels like we walked forever!

We also saw this building being torn down. I just thought it looks cool, so I took some pictures of it...




We did try to go to the art museums yesterday. They are all closed on Monday. Frustrating!!!

Well, I think thats it so far. This afternoon we are going exploring again. The big part of the Ace show starts tomorrow. I might get to work on my jewelry website tomorrow, I really need to get that done!

3 comments:

bobbione8y said...

oh cool!

i wondered if you would blog your progress on vacation.

you must be in Colorado, home of the home of people who love dogs as much as us! ha.

my computer broke today, but Larry is on the scene!! praying for God to guide him!

he he.

nothing backed up. i need a terrabyte or whatever that is that you guys have. apparently i need a back room in the bowels of my house to store it in also :)))

will keep checking in - happy week!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lou! We miss you ... sounds like Colorado has been fun so far, although it must be torture for you to be that close to the mountains and then stuck in the city.

Love the hotel shots - sorry about that uneven room, but at least you avoided the 13th floor.

Things are good here. Take you time, come back happy, and then off to Design Camp next week. I'm hanging on to that idea by the tips of my fingernails.

I'm lurking around until you blog more!

Anonymous said...

Hey ... is it just me, or are there more choices for doggies than for kids on that room service menu?

Wow.