Tuesday, September 04, 2007

state fair, football & kayaking

Labor day weekend was packed with fun events.

On Saturday I went to the Nebraska State Fair with my Aunt. We ate corndogs (yum). Saw a 715 lb. pig. Which she said didn't look that big. Yeah it did! And we went to the kids petting zoo. This year they had a giraffe. So cute. These guys make me smile. Here is his portrait...I want one!


I made it home just in time to watch the football game. I LOVE Husker football! I think that when you are born there, you are just raised to love it. Its just home. The city is a buzz. Everyone is wearing red. Everyone is happy and it means fall is on the way! It's GREAT! Oh and we beat the pants off Nevada. 52 Neb - 10 Nev.


Kayaking was also on the agenda. My dad is slightly obsessed with it. It is fun though. We went 3 times. Yesterday my arms kind of hurt. It makes me feel adventurous. Dad calls the people on the lake kayaking "The Yakers". Which really makes me laugh. I kind of imagine this yak animal with paddles and a life vest, paddling around the lake. Below are our kayaks.

4 comments:

bobbione8y said...

are you the Big Yaker, or the Little Yaker?


:)

KristieLou said...

Oh, I was both yakers. The longer one is actually a lot easier to navigate. It has more surface area with the water.

p.s. I actually took the photo of the giraffe. Just incase you were all wondering...

Anonymous said...

Hey ... now whenever I see a kayak I think of what Kristie calls paddling, "oaring."

(Sounds too close to "whoreing," told her she better find a new word!)

bobbione8y said...

HA HA HA HA HA.

so THAT is what she's up to when she goes away for the weekends :)