Sunday, January 06, 2008


am i turning into a grandma?

Yesterday I went "thrifting" with Bobbi. Where else can you get an entire bag of goodies for $1.25? So many cute things! I came home last night and made this cute wall hanging for my spare bedroom/workroom. It consists of a wall hanging with hooks from Hobby Lobby for $6.00. Embroidery hoops & vintage fabric from the thrift store. And a torn up old quilt I bought at a garage sale last summer. So fulfilling!! The quilt on the bed is a grandma quilt I found at the Goodwill in Lincoln. And the lamp shade is from Ikea. I think I might be 33 going on 80.

But the find of the day is this really cool vintage winter coat. It makes me so happy! The color, the fur...what could be better? I saw it hanging in the antique store and I feel in love, and it even fits! It was ment to be. I think I am in love...

7 comments:

Karen said...

Woman, you are a wonder. You are so invited to my new house, wherever it is. Did you get my card? I need to know where people can contact you about Flatwear, Alabama is in love with it!

bobbione8y said...

OKAY,

i cannot stand how much i love that wall hanging! we are SO doing this on a regular basis!!!!!

did you wear the coat to work today?


:)

bobbione8y said...

oh don't say that. next thing you know she will be staying at home working on a website, instead of shopping with me :)

KristieLou said...

Oh..the Flatwaer website. That is my New Years resolution. My goal is to finish it by the end of the month, which will hopefully still allow shopping time with Bobbi.

Karen: I did get your card. You are too sweet!

I did not wear the coat today. I did not feel like I was dressed special enough :) Maybe tomorrow!

Karen said...

I'm going to hold you to that resolution!

Unknown said...

very shabby chic...not grandma

K~ said...

Hi Kristi, I love the look!! K~