Monday, January 14, 2008


pretty bird

I have been meaning to post this photo. Dad and I went to Palisades State Park the weekend before New Years day. It had snowed and it was beautiful. So we hopped out of the car and took a short hike. Well while we are walking back to the car we noticed this Cardinal. He kept going from one side of the car to the other looking at himself in the mirror. It was the silliest thing I have ever seen. I don't think he had seen himself before that day. And he was very impressed. I took a ton of photos, but this is the best one. At one point he even started pecking at the mirror.

Here he is in the tree patiently waiting for me to move away from the car so he can get back to the mirror :)

5 comments:

bobbione8y said...

these are the best photos you have ever posted! i bet national geographic would take that photo of the cute bird and the bug and the snow!!!


i would have stayed there forever watching him watch himself :)

gosh. i am a bird watcher. O L D .....

Unknown said...

a mirror is a lovely thing if you are as pretty as that bird...

Karen said...

He must be a teenage boy bird. I notice the same behavior with Moose.

:-)

K~ said...

I love this photo. That is so cool. K~

Anonymous said...

You can borrow my bb gun!