Friday, July 25, 2008


art girls adventure...

Being back in the real world is hard today. I miss the tress, lakes and cold weather of northern Minnesota. Bobbi and Cassie and I had a great art girl vacation. Here it is...

Day 1:
Leaving for Minnesota and of course I way over packed. So in an effort to fit everything in Bert (Bobbi's Element) I quickly re-packed into a smaller suitcase. And off we went. I still had more stuff than the other girls, but I did bring some camping supplies.

We had a great little lunch in Albert Lea, MN. It is a cute town with a lake in the middle. We ate at a little cafe next to the lake. It was yummy.


Next on to Northfield, MN. Northfield is a cute town with great downtown shops. They have a store called Digs. They have the best fabric ever! So we all bought cool fabric ;)

We then headed to Minneapolis. We camped in Amy's (Cassie's friend) backyard. We had a fun dinner at Chino Latino, watched the last half of a movie in Loring Park and met up with my cool friend Eric. He even gave us a tour of the agency he works at. Very cool!

Day 2:


The next morning Bobbi and Cassie needed coffee and we needed a little internet fix. Off to the coffee shop. Then kayaking! Yeah! We went to Lake Calhoun and rented kayaks. It was Bobbi's first time and she did great. I think she might even be addicted. After kayaking we headed north! We arrived in Duluth to find cool weather. Wow, I love that place. We took a quick tour of Duluth and headed north to Two Harbors.


I love Two Harbors. It's right on Lake Superior. We stopped at a little shop and we bought matching sweatshirts. We are nerds ;) Then off to our campsite.

We took a walk along the lake while the sun was setting.
This photo is one of my favorites. It was so cool to see the sun setting behind boat.

Day 3:
The next morning we started our big sight seeing day. We had breakfast at Betty's Pies. And yes, we ate pie. It was so yummy. Then we hiked it all off at Gooseberry Falls State Park. After a nice morning hike we went to the Split Rock Lighthouse. And then onto Grand Marais. Along the road there was an amazing flea market. We actually went there twice...on the way there and on the way back. They had tables and tables of dishes and shinny glass. We were so drawn in! I bought two pyrex bowls, some silverware and a couple old keys. I think I could have stayed there forever!






In Grand Marais we ate lunch at the Crooked Spoon. We all had fresh white fish sandwiches. We shopped and sat by the lake. It was beautiful. I also bought a lighthouse and a moose cookie cutter. I can't wait to use them.



Day 4:
The next day (Thursday) we headed home. First we stopped in Duluth. We shopped a little more and had lunch. Then the long drive back began.

I had so much fun. I think I might want to live there someday. And I have the best traveling friends ever! Bobbi and Cassie are the best! Thanks girls :)

I have posted all my photos on my flickr site.

(To read Bobbi's version click here)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow -gorgeous photos. Northern MN rocks. Glad you're back, though. (Isn't the inside of Paulsen a close second? We have an edgy cement floor!)

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos, Kris.

Glad you had a great time.

bobbione8y said...

it looks so pretty. i wish i was there.

oh yeah, i was. man, it's funny how quick you forget things when you get back home from vacation :))

love the pics.