Tuesday, October 21, 2008


i'm back...

Ok...so I am finally posting. I was so far north that my cell phone barely worked, no tv, no internet and only one radio station. I did actually pay $4.00 for an hour of internet on Saturday, but that did not give me enough time to post photos.

So here is the run down of the vacation...

• We stayed in a cute little cabin. Very rustic.
• Zero moose seen (although we spent an entire day looking for them).
• No northern lights :(
• Kayaking on a lake that looked like glass while it was 48° outside.
• A little bit of shopping.
• A little detour on the way to the north to Stillwater, MN. Very cool!
• We got kind of lost on a forest road.
• Beautiful fall colors.
• Cool weather.
• I saw Canada.
• Hiked to the largest waterfall in MN.
• Hiked for 6 miles up a mountain on Saturday (I thought my legs were going to fall off ;)
• Went to the moose festival in Grand Marais (no moose their either just a lot of shoppers).
• Collected rocks and looked for agates.
• Had 5 layer chocolate pie at Betty's Pies for breakfast ;)

Now back to civilization. I kind of fell like I need a Target fix now although getting away for the week was amazing!

Here are the photos from my trip...

5 comments:

bobbione8y said...

we missed you here in the flat lands :)

Eric said...

You saw Canada? I think that means you're now qualified to run for Vice President! =P

Anonymous said...

You always take such gorgeous photos! Latza should be scared... :)

carey said...

you vacation like a champ. six mile hikes, canoing and hiking? and a pie to top it off. i am proud.

K~ said...

Hey Kristi, you are an amazing. Your vacations make me tired. You and Rick would be great vacationers together!! K~