Wednesday, February 28, 2007



$100 store & a heated blanket
My rationalization for my shopping spree last night was that I needed shampoo. Where else should I buy such a product but Target? Of course you all know you can't just purchase the item you went there for. $100 later and I can't really remember what I bought. I am sure I really needed it all!

And since I was in the area I decided to walk through Bed Bath & Beyond. I need to learn some self-control. I had been wanting a heated blanket/throw. I have one on my bed which I LOVE. Last Christmas we bought my grandma a heated throw and I have wanted one since. So of course I could not resist when I found them last night. My house was built in 1919 and can be a little cold, dispite the hundreds of dollars of insulation my Dad put in the house. He is kind of an insulation freak! Now I can work on my thousands of projects in happy warmth.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

heat is good.

bobbione8y said...

I LOVE YOUR DAD.

i thought you were going to say the thousands of dollars you spend heating your home!!

i have no insulation, so it practically costs my mortgage amount to pay the heat bill.

did they have any throws left?

KristieLou said...

Yes, they have throws left. They are a little expensive ($49.99) but I thought it was worth it.

On an insulation note. I had it blown in from the outside and I thought it was going to totally expensive. But it was around $800.00. Surprise. The only deal I made Dad was that I didn't want to see the plugs. So we spent a week filling them and sanding them and painting them. So that took the longest :)

bobbione8y said...

wow, seriously? i need to be doing that! luckily phillip can do the patch and paint thing, so that should not be a big deal.

that is next on my list, getting this place winterized. i also need new windows, that is going to cost a bit more!