Tuesday, February 13, 2007



gallbladder, hairball & a baby

This morning started out early. Dad had to be at the hospital at 5:30 am. GallBladder removal surgery began at 7:30 am. So we arrived. Thankfully Bryce (my cool brother) drove us through the freshly fallen snow. Then we did a lot of hurry up and waiting. Once they took dad back at 7:00 am. After listing to the stupid weatherman on TV say over and over again that he did not know how much snow fell because it was blowing. Isn’t the weather supposed to be science? Anyway at 8:30 am surgery was over. The doctor talked to Bryce and I. It was kind of funny. He said everything went really well and everything went really well. It was like he was trying to tell us something profound, but he could not come up with anything, So up to the room we went. Room 622 (for those who have weird things about numbers...Katie). Then we hung around. Next, off to Grandpa’s to shovel/snowblow him out. Lucky for us they also fed us. Back to visit dad. By this point, up early, waiting and shoveling, I am exhausted. By the way, if you are wondering Bryce was the snowblower and I was the shoveler. We hung out with Dad the rest of the evening. They are going to send him home early in the morning.

Dad has a large 20 pound cat (this is where the hairball comes in). This cat has become increasingly more high maitenance. When you arrive home you must pet him and pretty much rub the fur off his face. He must also sit on you all the time. This sounds pretty cool, except I am really allergic to him. My favorite high maintenance fun of his is his water fetish. He pretty much considers the bathroon to be his. Anytime you are in there, he is there also. He will not drink water from a bowl. He has two perfered ways for water intake. 1: Sitting in the tub, with the water dripping from the faucet just so. If it is coming out too fast he does not like it. 2: (the more time consuming way) Fill a small juice glass full to the rim of very cold water. Then sit on the floor and hold the glass for him while he drinks it. Who do you think runs this house? I have had to be the face rubber/water retriever today. Can’t wait for dad to pet him all day tomorrow.

Grover Miles Korn was born @ 2:00 am, Feburary 13, 2007. (This is where the baby comes in).
My cousin Jen and her husband Jason had their baby in the early morning. I was going to go try and see them today. Just not enough time. Good thing I am only half way done with the knitted baby blanket I am making them. I hope to have it done before he is 5 years old. (Incase you are wondering, lots of people tried to talk her out of Grover. Guess she stuck with it).

I guess I should go, the cat is meowing in the bathroom. Apparently my services are needed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO glad you posted - have been checking your blog hourly for 2 days. (Was beginning to get a little put out, you have your public to think of you know.) Also, glad your dad got an even-numbered room. You laugh at me, but that stuff matters. Consult any numerology book. Or not.

LOL about the cat! Now I know where you got all your h-m tendencies ... surely your dad didn't baby you as much as the cat, though?

bobbione8y said...

oh, i know a cat just like that, he is a young 18 year old that lives with me.

water from the bathtub first thing (and i DO mean first thing, there is no sleeping in with a cat meowing LOUDLY in your ear and CHEWING ON YOUR HAIR) every morning.

now that he has kidney disease, water is even MORE important :)

next time i need a catsitter, i know who to call :)

Unknown said...

So glad everything went well. Glad Bryce is still helping out as much as he always does :)LOL!

That darn cat, maybe a friend would help, I know a beautiful white young male named Sampson...

Good to hear from you, friend! Hope you had a nice Valentines Day!