Wednesday, February 14, 2007



sleeping boys and chicken strips

Today started out my bringing dad back home from the hospital. YEAH! It is good to have him at home, even if he is resting. Now that I only have one parent left it was a little unsettling staying in Lincoln in a house by myself. And now he has to rub all the fur off the cats face. My brother spent the day with us also. Actually the boys spent the day napping. When they were awake they were watching the discovery channel. Lunch was a gormet menu of homemade chicken strips and mac & cheese. They boys were happy. Inbetween keeping them fed and happy. I was working on a project for work. On a laptop that seems a lot slower than my computer at work. I am longing for that speed. While saving the files I was able to get some reading done, get the boys beverages and pee.

Right now I am in Barnes & Noble uploading files to Mike. I am pretending to drink a hot chocolate, that I didn't really want, but felt like I had to buy since I am taking up their space. There is a young sappy couple at the table in front of me exchanging valentines day gifts. (really? do people do that in public?) Wow, I really have to go now! Ok, I'm on my way now to pick up chicken noodle soup for dad and them comfy pjs for me.

4 comments:

bobbione8y said...

i admit i read your post but mostly was just looking at the beautiful tiny pillows.

see, you could work from home. upload files to mike, and have a great life :))

don't tell him i said that!
have a happy week dear...

Anonymous said...

Um, I used to like Bobbi but not I'm not so sure. Think of all the fulfilling things that happen at work you could never get anywhere else? My bitching. Mike's forgetfulness. Smither's trippiness. I could go on and on ... except maybe you should stay in Lincoln because when you find out what happenned with that one client we are never quite fond of, you're going to kill me. Or not. Okay, that was oblique enough now I suppose I'll sign off and leave you wondering.

bobbione8y said...

oh.

sorry katie. but you could quit and email words to smither, too.

then we could ALL go to caribou for coffee :)

i have crappy clients, too, so we WOULD have something to talk about :)

Anonymous said...

Bobbi - great idea. I'm sold! (If only so I can get out of this upcoming client campaign..)

That's not escapist, right? It's empowering... right? Ugh. I need more cough medicine. :)