Monday, May 07, 2007




cutting squares...

This is how I spent my Sunday, ironing and cutting 270 — 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" squares. Who ever came up with the rotary cutter for fabric deserves a big kiss. I love it! I am sure it sped up the process.

Step 2. The squares came to work with me today. I do not have a big enough room in my house to lay the pattern out. So I am going to do it here. I can't wait to arrange all the colors and patterns. It will be so much fun. Then I can start sewing them together :)

5 comments:

K~ said...

wow! you have focus! K~

Unknown said...

can't wait to see the final product...

bobbione8y said...

i would really like to see the squares all laid out.

really!

KristieLou said...

Square update...
I laid them all out and I am 2 rows short! AAAAAGGGGGGGG.

So now I either have to buy more fabric and spend 3 hours re-laying the quilt out or put a solid band of color at the top and bottom :(

This is why art directors should not do math!

bobbione8y said...

ha ha ha ha ha.

yeah, i have to tell you about how carey and i had to do math yesterday, and how that did not work out so well with the client :))

i say the solid bands will be a good idea :)