Monday, May 21, 2007

stay focused...

I can never seem to stay focused while shopping. It's so hard. This morning Mike & I went to Pier 1. They had a lamp we wanted to buy for the office. I did pretty well until the end. When we took the lamp up to the check out there it was. A wicker couch on clearance. I have been looking for awhile for a cool couch for my sunroom. The tag said it was usually $475.00 and on clearance it is $87.00!! WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So of course I instantly think there is something wrong with it. The guy said it had been discontinued. I had to have it. Bargains make me so happy. So next I needed cushions for it. They also had some of those on sale. The ones I liked were normally $100.00 a piece and they were on sale for $13.74! Ok, now I am not focused at all. Oh and I had $16.00 left on a gift card. Thank goodness we brought Mike's vehicle. There is no way all this cool stuff would fit in my little car. Here is my cool new clearance stuff!

5 comments:

bobbione8y said...

yeah, you probably don't remember coming to MY house and looking at MY exact same couch and *%$#@ cushions which in total were about $600.

i wish i didn't remember i paid that much either.

dang. however, now i can buy a volkswagen beetle and feel fine about it.

:)

KristieLou said...

oh, I don't remember. Do you have the exact same thing?? I am such an idiot. I guess maybe it means we have good taste.

:)

Anonymous said...

You know, the sad thing is Pier 1 is still making money on that ... gotta love the 300% markup. I think you girls BOTH have great taste.

bobbione8y said...

well, we may both have great taste, but one of us is a sucker, and the other one is not :)

what is cute is that we both also have not two, but three contrasting pillows. 2 matching and one not.

funny.

K~ said...

I thought that the couch looked familiar :-)! I LOVE your coffee table!!! K~