Thursday, June 21, 2007


father's day trip

Our trip started bright and early on Saturday morning. Dad was excited because we were taking the convertible. Packing is harder for me in a limited space, but I was able to get everything in! We made our way to the hills, stopping in the ever popular Wall, SD. I did see a really cool pair of cowboy boots at Wall Drug, but they were $300.00. We also stopped at the Ace Hardware store in Wall. Dad actually has a map with pins in every city where he has been to an Ace. I guess its tradition. We made it to Hill City where we were staying. It was beautiful out that day, nice and cool. We walked around downtown and ate at the Alpine Inn.

Sunday was another beautiful day. We started out early. We went for a nice morning drive that required jackets! We then when to Mount Rushmore. 7 am is totally the time to go. There is no one there. Next back to Hill City for our train ride on the 1880 Train. I was so excited about this. The train died twice. One time we sat there for about a half hour while they tried to get it fixed. It was fun though. We spent the afternoon driving though Custer State Park and trying to avoid a thunderstorm since we were in the convertible.

Monday was our driving back day, we did drive through the Badlands. I was already to see some wildlife and of course we saw nothing. I think its me. The wildlife hides from me.

I have posted my trip photos on my flickr site. Here is the address:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kristieweiberg/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome home! It looks like you had a wonderful time.