Monday, June 25, 2007


This is what 3 days of sewing looks like...

Sometimes I wonder why I start these crazy projects. The sewing started on Friday afternoon and ended on Sunday. The quilt just kept growing. I had originally purchased a queen size batting for the inside, thinking that would be plenty. But by the time I had the border on and the binding it had grown past a queen size. So I made it to the fabric store by 5 pm yesterday to exchange the queen for a king. I came to work (the monster does not fit anywhere in my house) and laid out the backing and the batting and realized that it was way too thin. Oh, the struggle...do I leave it like it is or go to Wal-Mart (not Target :( ) and get more? Since they are the only place with batting that is open on a Sunday night. Ok, so if I am going to do all this work I am going to do it right. Off to Wal-Mart.

Back to work with the new batting. I spent another hour fighting to get all four layers flat. How come no one told me this was going to be the hard part? So I finally gave up and called in reinforcements. My super cool friend Bobbi came to the rescue. She saved the day. We pulled, smoothed and pinned the quilt for an hour and a half and now its all put together. I could not have done this without her. Thanks Bobbi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now all thats left is the hand stitching. Which will probably take me another 8 months to finish. I hope it will be worth it when I am done :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are flat-out insane. seek help immediately.

Unknown said...

WOW, I do not have enough patience to quilt. no way. no how. It IS very beautiful, though...

bobbione8y said...

when i come and have a slumber party at your house sometime, i may ask if i can sleep under it :))

ha.

LOVE IT.
now let the quilting begin.

ps. what katie said too.