Monday, March 19, 2007


an adventure...
You know how you remodel part of your house and then everything else starts to look not so good? Well that is how it is at the office. Mike and I spent part of Saturday working on the breakroom, now that the conference room is looking so cool.

Dad arrived about 3 pm. We really didn't have any real plans. We went to Lawn & Garden show. (Total waste of money, I want my $5.00 back!) Then we went to Sportsman Warehouse. This is where the Tree Hugger part 2 comes in. So in front of the store they had some canoes and kayaks displayed. The canoe was on sale. Regular price...$560.00. Sale price...$250.00. So dad has been looking for a canoe for awhile now. He was over the moon to see this canoe at under half price. So we get inside the store and find the canoe guy. They have 4 canoes instock and all 4 have been sold. (Apparently we are not the only people who think $250.00 is a good deal).

Of course the fact that all 4 are sold does not deter my father. He starts asking the guy about other locations. The Sportsman Warehouse guy starts calling and finding canoes. The closest one is in Woodbury, MN. Woodbury is a little east of St. Paul. So we purchase the canoe over the phone and make plans to pick it up.

Sunday morning we left bright and early for Minnesota. I was able to get a lot of knitting done on my baby blanket for Grover. We arrived @ Sportsman Warehouse #2 around noon, loaded up the canoe, ate lunch at Applebees and headed or home.

I found my mothership...The Russel Stovers Outlet Store. It is by the Medford outlets. When you walk into the store the best chocolate smell ever hits you. I wanted to stay all day. We purchased a 3 pound box of imperfect chocolate. It all tastes great, its just not perfect enough to make it into the fancy boxes. I love this place!!!

Over all Sunday was a day of 3 pounds of chocolate, a $250.00 canoe and about 8 hours in the car. Someday I am going to write a book about our adventures.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you could fill a whole series with your adventures. Is the chocolate gone yet?

bobbione8y said...

do you rent your dad out ever?

:)