Monday, April 16, 2007

mini vacation :)

I had so much fun this weekend its hard to know where to start. I guess I will break it out day by day...

Friday:
I picked up Bobbi @ 9:00 am and we headed out of town. We talked non-stop all the way to Northfield, MN. We stopped in Northfield for shopping fun. It is a cute college town. They have the coolest vintage buildings and the best shops. We ate at a great sandwich shop and shopped the afternoon away. We both purchased some vintage silverware at an antique store. Now I have brought another friend over to the dark side of vintage silverware :) One of the really cool stores, is a store called Digs. Bobbi saw it in one of her magazines. They have the best fabric, yarn and other cool things. Here is their link: http://shopdigs.com/homepage.htm

We decided it was time to head to the big city. We typed our destination into the GPS (which we named Mac, in honor of our favorite singer) and headed north. We arrived at our destination (thanks Mac). Our hotel was very cool (thanks Shane). It was an old Railroad depot that has been converted into a hotel. It has the best, puffy beds. We felt like queens.

Here is the view from our hotel window.

We continued chatting and getting ready for the concert. We left the hotel. I don't know why Mac the GPS tells us distances in yards. Because I don't know what 1000 yards looks like! So I took a few turns a little early and we went around the block a couple of times. We finally made it to the concert. We had really great seats. It was a smaller auditorium and we could see really well. It was the best concert I have ever been to in my entire life. I did not want it to end.


Then back to the hotel, then to Dunn Brothers coffee for a snack and to bed.

Saturday:
Was happy with hope of more shopping and meeting Bobbi's friend K. We went to her house, of course with the help of Mac. K took us to a cool little coffee shop attached to a yarn shop. It was so cool. We had coffee, yummies and conversation. Next to the yarn shop. It was so cool. I think I wanted everything. There was alot of squealing. 3 designers who love color in a yarn shop is a crazy thing. I purchased 3 skeins of yarn. Bobbi was going to teach me how to crochet. Now I was set. Of course all the yarn I purchased fits into my favorite color category of blue & brown. We actually made it out of the shop and then saw some really cool purses in the window and had to go back in and buy those. They were so worth it. Then on to a more cool stores. Bibelot, lunch at Highland Grill and a super cool store Patina. They had the coolest stuff, I wanted it all!!! And the design of the store is amazing. Here is their link http://www.patinastores.com/index.cfm

I also saw a restaurant called bread & chocolate. If we would have had more time. I totally would have been there. I think it may be my home.

Lunch at the Highland Grill was fun. It was a funky little grill/diner. It has the coolest bright green on one wall. We had fried green beans & sweet potato fries. Yum.

the cool girls

Besides loving pretty, shiny, design things. We all love animals. Perhaps K loves them more than the rest of us (check out her blog to see her zoo...http://39andrising.blogspot.com). She is amazing. So we went to a pet store to see Hedgehogs & puppies. We ended our shopping day by hanging out in the hotel room. We talked some more, B taught me how to crochet. Later that evening we decided we wanted Dairy Queen. Someone was talking about it at the concert and then we wanted ice cream. We pulled out our trusty GPS Mac, and found the nearest location. When he said we had arrived at our destination all that was there was an Arbys that was closed. NO!!! So we drove around for awhile looking for ice cream. The not so smart thing was that there was a Twins game that night. And we were staying close to the dome. So on our ice cream hunt I blindly drove into the parking lot of the dome as the game was getting over. Panic! We made our way out :0, went back to the hotel and went back to our safe zone Dunn Brothers coffee for the 3rd time. Then back to the room.

Sunday:
We left the hotel and headed home. We stopped in Medford and the outlets and bought some cool stuff. Shopping is good. We arrived home around 6 pm. Of course we talked at each other all the way home. Below is a picture of the swag I assembled over the weekend. I guess my purchases were a little random. Some how I ended up with 3 purses and some fabric to make a 4th. What?

Last night I worked on my new crochet project. I am so addicted now. Its so much faster than knitting. I can't wait to finish the scarf I started. Thanks B!


Thanks girls for the fun weekend!




6 comments:

K~ said...

Oh Man!! I can not tell you how much fun Saturday was for me!!! I totally enjoyed all of our adventures. LOVE the shopping, gabbing and eating. Thanks for letting me be a part of the great day!! Hope you come and visit again. I will be in Sioux Falls before the years out. I kind of promise. K~

Unknown said...

Well, I am so glad you learned how to crotchet, because now you will pump out items so much faster than I can...your weekend sounded wonderful...

bobbione8y said...

she's a great crotcheter, rani.

and yes, kirsten, you are coming. soon.

and YES! the weekend was every bit as good as the pictorial post you displayed. you said it so much better than me...

:) guess i needed my camera.

bobbione8y said...

well, here's the rundown on descriptors in this post:

fun - 4 times
cute - once
cool - ELEVEN times
great - twice
best - three times
happy - once

:)

Anonymous said...

Wow, superb blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
you make blogging look easy. The overall look of your website is
magnificent, let alone the content!

Stop by my blog: Pirater Un Compte Facebook

Anonymous said...

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my website so i came
to “return the favor”.I'm attempting to find things to enhance my site!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!

My blog post :: Psn Code Generator