Monday, August 13, 2007

creating...

Well I took a break from silverware and dusted off the sewing machine. I had to make a super hero cape for a tv spot we are shooting today. Katie's little boy gets to be our super hero. I am sure it will turn out really cool.


While the sewing machine is out and the dining room looks like fabric has exploded all over it. I decided to make an apron. Bobbi and I have been working on this next fun project. Hostess aprons are back in style. So cute. So I dug though all the material and put this together. The scary thing is...I did not have to go to the fabric store at all. (I think I have a fabric addiction. Who actually has all this stuff collecting in their house?) Below is a photo of the final product. There are a couple of tweaks I would make to the pattern if I use this one again :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

LOOOOOOOVE the apron, AND the Gavinator requests an orange cape for his birthday...

bobbione8y said...

ooooooohhhh.

cute one.

:) you are ahead of me!
ha.

Anonymous said...

Eric was such a dude wearing that cape. Lou, you rock.

bobbione8y said...

i do think it's kind of funny that you had to go make a girlie girl apron to offset the super hero cape.

balance is the key :)

KristieLou said...

Update:
I kind of liked wearing the cape.

I gave the apron to Sara so she could wear it at her B & B. She bought me lunch:) It looks really cute on her, and its a really good excuse to make another one. What am I going to do with all these aprons anyway?

Karen said...

Is there ANYTHING you can't do, woman???