Friday, August 24, 2007


funny story....

I have been wanting to blog this since Tuesday, but I had to wait. (For a special reason, I could not post a birthday gift before the birthday girl opened it)

This week has been especially busy. We have been working on a mongo project here at work. My head has been spinning. I am on the board of our local AIGA chapter (a club for designers). Of course I am a co-planning director, which requires the most work. And our first event of the year was last night. We had 2 guys from a super cool agency in Minneapolis come and speak. Lucky for me I was invited to a fun girl birthday lunch for Bobbi on Thursday. Yeah, a bright spot. So of course I think...I just can't buy her a gift, I have to make it. Thats what you do for your designer friends. So Tuesday was the only night I could sew and go to the fabric store. I left work about 6:30 pm and headed over to the fabric store. I get there and who do I see? Miss Bobbi. So I make up this big lie about how I am buying fabric for a background for a project at work. But then we just start shopping together and picking out all the cool fabrics. So then I started to pretended I was going to make more aprons. We shopped until almost 9:00 pm! It was fun. It was a little funny to me, knowing I was going to go home and make a purse out of the fabric she was helping me buy.

I got home and read through the pattern. Its in a cool new book I purchased.

I decided that the pattern was a little boring so I decided to make the front more like a patch work quilt. This is totally the most creative thing I have done all week. Wow, I needed that.
So I sewed for a couple hours and went the bed. I finished up the next evening. All I had to do was sew the handles on.

So...that is my funny week story. Happy Birthday Bobbi!!!!!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I guess this answers my previous question...

Unknown said...

yep, she can do pretty much anything...