Tuesday, April 08, 2008



in love...

Today things are a little slower around here :) I actually had a little time to breathe. Mike returned from his mini vacation. We went to grab some food for lunch and took a little detour to a music store. Music stores use to be a normal thing for me. My parents had me start piano lessons at the age of 5, the clarinet/guitar in high school, and the sax in college. My mom loved music so much (even though she was totally tone deaf). I took piano lessons every year until I was a sophomore in college. That was when art officially took over. Anyway...Mike's son had an electric drum set so now he wants one. I guess I didn't really realize how familiar a music store would feel. So I hovered in the digital piano area while Mike checked out the drums. I was so in love. I have wanted a digital piano for a long, long time. Right now I have a traditional acoustic piano, which is never in tune (maybe its time to sell it). So the sales guy starts talking to me. I am so hooked, if he was a little pushier I probably would have left with one today. But now I am thinking it over. I do think there was a sign from God involved though. They were playing Third Day in the store, could it get more perfect! They totally have my business now! Mike says you need to wait 2 weeks to make sure it's really what you want. Right now I just want it.

Sometimes the obvious things never occur to me, today I realized that I did not take 13 years of piano lessons for nothing. I should really make playing the piano a priority or at least play it more often. And possibly buy a digital piano.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

and teaching piano lessons to your friends children...hint hint (I would pay extremely well with chocolate and homemade suppers)

I taught her where middle C is and how to put her hands on the keys but I don't know what to do next.

K~ said...

Miss you Kristie, You and bob need to visit really soon. K~

bobbione8y said...

if you think it's a God thing, keep asking. you'll know for sure :)

i like the idea of you coming home after work and playing the piano :))

can i come over and listen?!

Karen said...

Ok, at first I thought you were having a shopoholic moment (after all the shoe posts), but by the end I found myself leaning towards that piano! Wait the two weeks and PRAY. Can't wait to hear what happens.