Monday, April 28, 2008


my grandpa...

Well, I am at work again and I am finding everything distraction possible. So I thought I would introduce you to my Grandpa Jess. Today he had surgery to get a pacemaker. He is doing well and should be out of the hospital tomorrow. He is 87 but you would never know it.

He is a pretty amazing guy (although I could be a little biased). I fell so lucky to have him. He has remodeled every house we have lived in. He served in WWII in Europe, delivering tanks to the troops (he has some pretty amazing stories). He saved our house from being burned down when my mom tried to make him homemade donuts (grease fire). While I was growing up he had a cabin/house on a lake in Missouri. That was the coolest thing...to visit him and swim.

And if anyone is wondering where my chocolate addiction comes from. It's all his fault ;)

3 comments:

bobbione8y said...

so let me guess,
i this picture you are giving grandpa a little something you whipped up from scratch for christmas...at the ripe old age of 18 months.

love the jumper :)) and the story about your grandpa.

Karen said...

I love your grandpa!! He sounds wonderful, thanks for sharing.

I think I'll go eat some chocolate now.

K~ said...

So sweet. And look at you! K~