Monday, January 15, 2007



charm swap...

A couple of months ago I joined a charm swap online. One person is the hostes. Artists from all over the world, send in 25 hand made charms and then they recieve 25 different charms back. So I spent the weekend working on my charms (they are due January 31). My inspiration came one evening empting the dishwasher. I should make charms out of old silverware. It is wearable, it won't break and alot of the designs are beautiful. Next step shopping. This is a fun step. I went to a couple junk/anitque stores and found just what I wanted. A tub full of old tarnished silverware! Two for 50 cents. Now reality sets in. How do I pull this off? Dad?

Dad is my go to guy. All of my crazy projects need an advisor. So we cut down all the silverware with giant metal cutters. The rule is they can't be more than an inch and a half in size. I spent the weekend sanding and smoothing them with the Dremel tool. I am so excited to get them done. Stay tuned for photos.

I can't wait to receive my 25 charms. I think they will make the coolest bracelet!
Here is the link to the charm swap: http://www.dawnsellers.typepad.com/oh_so_charming/

No comments: